SKOCH Award Nominee
Category: Others – State Owned Enterprise
Sub-Category: subOthers – State Owned Enterprise
Project: South Bengal State Transport Corporation Vision- 2025
Start Date: 2020-04-01
Organisation: South Bengal State Transport Corporation
Respondent: Dr Godala Kiran Kumar, Managing Director
Level: Club Plus
The Vision/ Mission Statement of SBSTC is a composite and complete structure on which the foundation of “Help Ever, Hurt Never” attitude of the organisation is built. All the stakeholders of SBSTC, namely, the Government of West Bengal, the concerned Ministry, SBSTC Board, management, employees and the suppliers, contractors and passengers aspire to fulfil the vision and mission of SBSTC and to make it as one of the best State Transport Undertaking in the country.
Vision/Mission statements and Perspective Plan recognises passenger satisfaction as the key to success. Hence, day to day monitoring is required for evaluation of performance.
- People are not susceptible to change and they tend to carry on the burden of legacy. Mundane rules have become archaic which are no more productive in nature, but employees are used to it. Due to this hindrance, people are to be oriented to adopt the change.
- To address this problem of change management, the department has drawn out a plan, which will include continuous meetings and training of the shop floor workforce and the front field level staff. Sensitisation of crew members is critical.
- Switching over from manual to completely automated system.
- To this direction, by 2025, SBSTC is in the process of development of Integrated Transport Management System software. The substantial progress has already been made and WEBEL on behalf of SBSTC already developed some of the modules like Traffic Management, Inventory Management, Budget and Financial Concurrence and Accounts Module. All these three modules are now in test run stage and expected to be fully operational within this Financial Year.
- The module like Pay Roll, HRMS is in pipeline and likely to be operational by the end of this Financial year. On completion of the development of all the modules, it will be possible for SBSTC to ensure almost paper less activities and to monitor all the vehicles online.
- SBSTC have already brought almost all the buses under the coverage of CC TV and GPS Monitoring system. The mechanised control Room is fully operational now and it is possible to analyse every movement of the vehicles from control room.
- There will be a net addition of 80-buses every year in order to provide improved services to the public at large. It is one of the mission of SBSTC to reduce the consumption of conventional fuel phase wise.
- Increase of No of buses: During last 8 years, due to continuous effort of Government of West Bengal, SBSTC Board and employees of SBSTC, the services have been extended to cater to the needs of people living in remote areas of Jungle Mahal and other villages.
- Presently the services are provided from 15 depots situated in the districts of Paschim Barddhaman, Purba Barddhaman, Paschim Medinipur, Purba Medinipur, Birbhum, North & South 24 Parganas, Kolkata, Bankura and Purulia.
- The fleet Strength of the Corporation has risen to 932. On an average 760 buses are daily plied from 15 depots to provide the services to people. It has been planned that by 2025, the number of buses will be increased to 1,368.
- Reliability of passengers due to improved facilities and punctuality.
- On completion of the development of all the modules, it will be possible for SBSTC to ensure almost paper less activities and to monitor all the vehicles online.
For more information, please contact:
Dr Godala Kiran Kumar, Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
(The content on the page is provided by the Exhibitor)